Kaizen Bonsai Soil Mixes
Kaizen Bonsai Soil Mixes - Blended Soils Ready To Use
Based on the phenomenal success of our blended composts over the last couple of years we have decided to expand the range. Feedback from our customers suggested we got it about right in the past but, based on extensive research we made a few improvements. Considering the ever increasing cost of Japanese soils and the sensitive issue of fuel usage we have now sourced 90% of our blended soils within the U.K which means less 'soil miles', less import taxes and a lower price to you!
We have been researching and testing growing media for use with bonsai for more than 20 years. Over that time we have discovered just what it takes to create a healthy rhizosphere. Roots are the powerhouse of any plant and if you want your bonsai trees to develop well and remain healthy indefinitely the soil you use is of paramount importance. The subject of bonsai soil is steeped in mystery and is a very confusing subject, especially to beginners. Misinformation is rife, especially on the internet. Our range of bonsai soils look very different to more conventional products available but after 20 years of relentless testing and research we know THEY WORK!
If you would like to read more on the subject of bonsai soils see Graham's guide to re-potting Bonsai.
Our soil mixes are based on the very best ingredients, responsibly sourced (up to 90% recycled content). It takes a great deal of time to prepare these mixes and they should not be confused with other "bonsai compost" on the market. These are often no more than garden soil or multipurpose compost with added grit. Our new range is based on the moisture retention levels of each mix. No1 being the most water retentive soil and No3 being the most free draining. All our soils are ready to use straight from the bag.
- High quality ingredients throughout.
- 90% U.K sourced materials.
- Various moisture retention capabilities for different species.
- Excellent drainage across the range.
- Good air circulation promotes root growth and prevents root rot.
- Very high nutrient retention characteristics means less fertilizer required.
- Retains physical structure longer than conventional soils.
- High moisture absorption rate.
- Easy to re-wet if the soil becomes dry.
- Graded and blended entirely by Kaizen Bonsai.
- High recycled content.
- Much lighter weight than conventional bonsai soils.
Information on how Kaizen Bonsai soil products are described, graded & packaged