Bonsai Wire & Branch Bending
Bonsai Wire and Bending Supplies
Wiring is a useful technique for speeding the development of bonsai. The basis of wiring bonsai is selecting a suitable gauge wire and wrapping it around the branches. This enables us to bend the branch and move it into the position that we want and that is harmonious to the tree.
When it comes to wiring there is a choice of wire, the first one is copper wire which allows you to bend the branch with a much thinner wire but requires more skill and attention to detail. The second and most commonly used is aluminium bonsai craft wire. This is easier to work with making it suitable for beginners and is available in small or large rolls. For more information on bonsai wiring, see our bonsai wiring video.
Aluminium wire, copper bonsai wire, bonsai training wire and all wire craft supplies are available to order along with tools and accessories to help with bonsai branch bending.
- Strong steel screw eyes used in bending bonsai branches and trunks
- Allows accurate anchoring of pulling wires and tourniquets
- Once removed the little hole heals quickly
- Strong rust proofed steel wire
- Pack of 12 BZP eyes. 18mm diameter. 35mm overall length
£3.85 As low as: £3.46
£11.75 As low as: £10.00
- Raffia has virtually no ability to stretch and prevents a bending branch from bursting or cracking.
- Our raffia is approx' 1100mm long with a large proportion of wider 'ribbons' than is generally found in retail stock.
- Great raffia for a multitude of Craft Work applications.
- 50g Pack
- Natural untreated raffia for bonsai work and craft
- Helps prevent a bending branch from bursting or cracking
- approx' 1200 -1600mm long with a good proportion of wider 'ribbons'
- Great raffia for a multitude of craft work applications
- Weights are approximate and can vary from hank to hank.
- Powerful jack easily pulls or pushes branches and trunks.
- Kikuwa brand, made in Japan.
- 36cm when fully closed.
- Maximum spread/grasp 53cm.
- Adjustable swivel arm at one end to allow easy alignment with branch/ trunk.