Natural Raffia 1Kg Hank
- Natural untreated raffia for bonsai work and craft
- Helps prevent a bending branch from bursting or cracking
- approx' 1200 -1600mm long with a good proportion of wider 'ribbons'
- Great raffia for a multitude of craft work applications
- Weights are approximate and can vary from hank to hank.
Made from the leaf of the raffia palm from Madagascar. Natural raffia has found popular application in bonsai for use in heavy branch bending. Tie a few strands together at one end and soak for a short time in water. Applying wet lubricates and softens the raffia allowing it to be bound tightly along the branch prior to bending. Raffia has virtually no ability to stretch and prevents a bending branch from bursting or cracking. Our raffia is approx' 1200 to 1600mm long with a large proportion of wider 'ribbons' than is generally found in small retail packs. being a natural product variations are inevitable from one hank to another
Great raffia for a multitude of craft work applications.
Weights are approximate and can vary from hank to hank.